Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Amy (Carl) Elder, and I am a Nurse Practitioner specializing in women’s health issues. I was born and raised in Colorado, having graduated from Berthoud High School and the University of Northern Colorado. In 1996 I completed a certificate program as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and have worked in this capacity for the past 17 years. I am currently continuing my education to obtain my Masters in nursing.
One of my many blessings has been in working with a wonderful physician who practices medicine from a biological basis (functional medicine). He is a gifted teacher and it is an ongoing privilege of mine to gain much knowledge and insight in the field of functional medicine.
The care I offer is corrective and preventative, focusing on the biology of health and integrating traditional medicine, when needed, with that of functional medicine. This is accomplished through evaluating underlying nutritional deficiencies and hormone imbalances, restoring gut flora and implementing corrections for optimizing health and wellness. Common issues that are addressed may include:
- Menstrual disorders, hormone issues throughout lifespan
- Bio-Identical hormone therapy
- Breast cancer prevention strategies
- Colposcopy evaluation of abnormal Pap results and the NON-surgical treatment for cervical dysplasia
- GI issues, including Crohn’s, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, GERD and reflux
- Thyroid issues, including goiters, Hashimoto Hypothyroid, Graves and the incorporation of iodine to promote thyroid health and correction
- Adrenal issues, adrenal fatigue and cortisol imbalance
- Allergy therapy using LDA /LDI ( Low Dose Antigen / Low Dose Immunotherapy) for Eczema, psoriasis, food allergies, environmental allergies, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia ( Lyme), endometriosis, and a host of auto-immune disorders and symptoms of inflammation
I look forward to becoming a part of this community, offering health care from an integrative perspective, and will be available one week per month, starting February 8 – 12, 2016. Feel free to contact my office with any availability questions.
Amy S. Elder, ANP, WHNP